Writing and illustration by Helena Ravenne // Helena Ravenne illustrates nine steps to getting over heartbreak.
Writing and illustration by Helena Ravenne
- Find someone you can trust. Bring the right people into your life. Sometimes we just need a little help to kickstart the process of healing a broken heart. Friends and family can reflect the situation and give you better advices. It works wonders!
- Give yourself time to heal. Although you may not believe it now, but life will go on! Just take the time you need to heal emotionally.
- Feel the pain, talk it out. Feel the Pain, Heal the Pain. Learn to face your pain and talk it out. Life has ebbs and flows.
- Do things you love. Start doing what matters to you. Try doing more of the things that you love to do.
- Practice self-love. Buy flowers for yourself. Take care of your basic needs. We can be so hard on ourselves. Have a self-love day. The first thing you need to do to get over a broken heart is do some major self care.
- You will get through this. After a little bit of time has passed and you have some distance- hold your head high! You can do it.
- Letters you will never send. Try writing it down in a letter to your ex. Writing about it makes the wounds heal faster. Include details about how the situation made you feel.
- Throw away your Ex’s memories. If you want to heal from the past, put your attention to the present moment.
- Move on. Believe that you will find love again. Imagine a bright future. Time for a new happy you. Don’t let the situation ruin the beauty of life. Someone you deserve is waiting for you. There is plenty of hope for a bright future. And don’t worry about losing, if it is right, it happens—The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.Warmly,Helena